Frequently Asked Questions
- Alternatively you need to fill out an Enrolment Application Form from the Boroondara Kindergarten Central Enrolment Scheme (BKCES)
- Information Booklet
- These are available here today, from council offices or from their website.
BKCES does not release information about where you are placed on the waiting list as this can change from day to day as applications are received. However, if you miss out on a first round offer from BKCES they do advise you of your approximate place on the waiting list by giving you a range (i.e. 5-9) so that you are able to assess your chances of receiving a subsequent round offer.
Any enquiries regarding this should be directed to BKCES:
Ph: 9278 4444 or
- High priority children including those on health care and pension concession cards
- Repeats and Deferrals
- having a sibling at the Kinder or one that has been at the Kinder in the last five years
- if your child has previously attended the Kinder, for example attended 3 year old Kinder at Rowen Street
- being a Boroondara resident and Rowen Street Kindergarten being your closest kindergarten
- whether or not you have listed the Kinder as your first preference
You have until late June of the year prior (Friday 24 June 2016) to commencement to change your preferences for the following year without affecting your date of application. Any preference changes after this date will affect your date of application and may place you at the bottom of the waiting list.
From 1 January 2016 all kindergarten enrolments will be subject to provision of an immunisation status certificate showing that vaccinations are up to date.